Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, February 1, 2010

Double Punch

Well it was a very good day for me. Even after I drove through the snow and ice to get to work on time only to find out we had a 2 hour delay. Not one to be discouraged I just left 2 hours early.

I pushed my workout to this afternoon because the gym at work doesn't have heat. So I went to Jeannie's Beach Crossfit for a little ass whoopin and that's just what I got. A side note is that Jeannie let me lead a class and I loved it. I think after 2.5 years of crossfitting it's time to give a little back.

The workout was pure Jeannie. A real beast if done at the prescribed weight of 135 for men and 95 for women. I elected for 135 lbs since my goal is to get stronger. Here is what we did:

10 front squats, 10 strict pullups + 5 burpees
9 push presses, 9 toe to bar + 5 burpees
8 front squats, 8 toe to bar + 5 burpees
7 push presses, 7 toe to bar + 5 burpees
6 front squats, 6 toe to bar + 5 burpees

continuing this cycle down to 1. My time was not impressive but I was proud of myself for lifting the big boy weight and not being the slowest man in the gym tonight. My time was 15:24 and it was an ass kicker as usual. Thanks Jeannie!!

Unfortunately that was not the finish line for me tonight. Remember I'm training for an Ironman so the pool, road or bike are always calling my name. Here is the the double punch for me tonight. I went home and had a very good dinner. Herb Garlic Tuna, mixed veggies and 12 almonds with water.....yummy! I then waited until 3 hours had passed since finishing my crossfit workout at Jeannie's. At that point I jumped on my bike with trainer and road for 1:16:17 and wouldn't you know it I didn't move so much as an inch!! I really hate that trainer!! I'll talk, I'll talk just don't put me back on that bike trainer.

Ok so I did the crossfit endurance workout from a few days ago which was, 20 mile bike at 85% for the first 10 miles and 95% for the second 10 miles. I used my last long ride average speed (18.1 mph) for the 85/95%. That gave me 15 mph for the first 10 and 17 mph on the second. I used 90 rpm for the entire ride. Now my legs are completely smoked and ready for a rest.

Just another fun day of crossfit.

I really love it!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    It was really cool seeing you teach. Love your comment on how you want to give back, A wise man once told me Crossfit is more than just a workout routine, but a way of life. We are community outside the normal exercise routine. I am glad to share the floor and sweat with you and everyone else at Beach Crossfit.

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter