Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, February 5, 2010

Yeah it's Friday and I'm taking a rest day tomorrow. But today I did my crossfit and crossfit endurance. I worked late last night and didn't have to be at work this morning so I didn't set an alarm. I ended up waking at 0700 without the alarm. I got a solid 8 hours last night and felt great this morning. Come to think of it I feel great most mornings.

I went to Jeannie's Beach Crossfit today for my morning dose of ass kicking. She had a great Friday workout. Wait a minute, all of Jeannie's workouts are great!! Anyway we did a Tabata workout. A Tabata workout is where you do 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated 8 times. It's an ass kicking workout even though it doesn't sound that bad. To make it worst we did 6 events. Here is how it went:

Tire flip (not a little car tire but a BIG tractor tire)
Lateral jumps (we jumped over a series of 8 PVC pipes that were 12 inches off the ground)
Rope waves with 60 foot Fast Rope (basically a KB swing with a rope that makes a wave every time you snap it up)
Hand stand push holds
GHD situps
Back extension

Each one of those was done 8 times for 20 seconds on then 10 seconds of rest. It was awesome!!

This afternoon I needed to run!! It was snowing but turned to rain. I was really looking forward to running in the snow but didn't quite make it. The endurance workout that I did was a 12 minute time trial (TT) run. The weather was awful, it was raining and 36 degrees with 15 mph winds (give or take). I was able to maintain a 6:27 pace and covered 1.86 miles. It turned out to be a good run despite the weather.

Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    I workout at Beach Crossfit also and I'm (trying) to follow a similar path as you with the minor exception that I'm not doing an ironman. I have about 6 sprint Tri's under my belt and I'm looking to keep doing those at a tune of 3-4 a year and eventually bump up to a half and one day complete a full. I would like to meet you sometime in the future so we can chat about training routines, nutrition, etc....as this crossfit/CFE concept is somewhat foreign to me WRT replacing the long slow aerobic conditioning. I'm usually there in the Mon/Wed/Fri AM sessions and hit the TRX session on Saturday and Crossfit on Sunday. I'll be looking for you in the future. Keep up the charge, you are focused and you will be ready...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott, Thanks for following along. I'll look for you at Jeannie's. I'm pretty sporadic about working out there since my schedule is different all the time. Anyway, thank for following along and train hard.

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter