Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still Sick

This is killing me!! I woke this morning thinking that it was all behind me and I could get back to normal. I had a good breakfast then went to visit the local Harley shop with some of the guys. I like the Harley's but I really like the style of the BMW motorcycles. But I digress!

I finally did a running workout before lunch. I did the Tabata workout from Crossfit Endurance. Using a treadmill set at 30 seconds slower than my best 5K pace at an incline of 12%. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 8. I ran a 7:00 pace with a 10.5% incline. I was exhausted afterwards. I'm not sure if it's from the altitude or from being sick. Either way I was tired but still feeling pretty good.

I went to fly right after lunch and while I was flying I just kept feeling worse. By the time I landed I had the chills and aches of sickness again. I went back to my hotel and had a nice long nap. I felt good enough to eat but I've been laying low since then. I'm planning to rest as much as possible the next few days. I really need to shake this so I can get back to my training. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow morning.

Have a good day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter