Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Evolution!

We are constantly evolving as a species and as individuals. I have done a little more research on the distances that I need to bike/run. The bottom line is that doing just CF and CFE is enough to finish an Ironman level event. The problem is I don't just want to finish the Ironman, I want to crush the Ironman!! So I will evolve as an athlete and add one Slow Long Distance (SLD) bike or run to my normal CF/CFE workout per week. When I say SLD I'm talking nothing slower than 8 minutes per mile.

Why? Mainly to have the muscle memory to go that distance. Plus I have read some forum post on the CFE forum from Triathlon coaches that have had very good result from athletes that did CF/CFE and one SLD per week. Results like 1 hour improvements in there Ironman times. So I'll take this course and see how it goes.

Today was a beautiful day in Virginia! I didn't do a CF workout because it was my rest day. Tomorrow however I'm going to Jeannie's Beach Crossfit and I'm sure it's going to SUCK!! But hey I love it! Anyway, today I did a SLD run of 70 minutes. I maintained a pace of 7:55 per mile and covered 8.82 miles. I felt great and it was an awesome day to be outside.

Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter