Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, February 15, 2010

Great day!

Today was a great day! Yeah I know I say that a lot but almost everyday is a great day to me. I started the day by sleeping in. Yes that's right I sleep late today, well if you consider 0800 late. Once I was completely awake I got dressed grabbed an apple and headed out the door for Starbucks. My final destination was Jeanne's Beach Crosfit but on the way I stopped and picked up my very good friend Lisa so I could expose her to crossfit. I think she liked it and I have a feeling she'll be doing it full swing very soon.

Since today was Presidents Day the box was packed. I guess everyone had the day off. Anyway, Jeannie got us started with a good warm up and then explained the main event. Which, of course, is the workout we all came to do. Once again Jeannie didn't disappoint, she is a very good programmer and all her workouts kick your ass. Here it is:

21-15-9

Run 400m
Dumbbell pushups with row/row
Waist height box jumps

Time - 12:58

Now we didn't do 21-15-9 400m runs. We only did the runs between the events just to be clear. This one kicked my butt and I was almost through the first set of pushup/rows when I realized that I was doing pushup/row, pushup row, instead of pushup row/row. Believe me it makes a HUGE difference. I had my box set at around 36". I didn't measure it but it was up to my hip bone and since I wear 36" inseam pants I'm going to call it pretty close to 36" (Did I cover that enought?) By the way I love doing high box jumps!!

I spent the afternoon packing up my condo in preparation for my move on Thursday to my new house. Yeah me!! Anyway I have to thank my very good friend Lisa for all the help packing and for kicking me out of the condo for a run. I headed out of the condo and was hit right in the face with a SW wind and light rain. Well I don't get to pick race day weather so off I went into Sea Shore State Park. The workout was right off the crossfit endurance website from a few days ago. It was 4 x 10 minute intervals with 2 minute recovery between events. I have to admit that I didn't feel that great running today. I'm not sure what it was but my inter trainer told my inter runner to get it on and we pushed through. I actually ended up doing OK. Here are my results:

1 - 6:39 pace for 1.50 miles
2 - 6:48 pace for 1.48 miles
3 - 6:48 pace for 1.48 miles
4 - 6:57 pace for 1.44 miles

Total distance was 5.9 miles and 4o minutes of effort. I feel like my running is suffering a bit and will be spending more time running over the next month in preparation for the Shamrock marathon on 21 Mar. 10. My goal is to qualify for next years Boston marathon. I just need to do a 3:30:00 to qualify. That works out to 8 minute miles for 26.2 miles.

Life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed my first real exposure to Crossfit. Very intense, but excitingly so. Jeanne is a great motivator, and I was very impressed by the intensity and commitment of everyone in the gym, but I have to say, you impressed me the most--your passion for crossfit shows and it very well could prove contagious. Thanks for sharing Jeff. I had a great time. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter