Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Burpees!!!

This has been a long weekend for me. I've had my girls all weekend so it's kind of hard to get out and run or bike. So today the oldest went to a friends house and the two little ones went to the Mid-Atlantic boat show with me. They had a blast! For some exercise we went bowling and that was also a blast. It was so cute watching the girls pick up bowling balls like little cave women and then trying to throw them down the lane. I wish I had a video!

Anyway, I didn't run or bike but I did bowl. I really needed to do something so I decided that I'd just do 100 burpees for time. I'm at my ex's house and she really doesn't have any good crossfit equipment so doing burpees was easy. On a side note, I'm closing on my new house this Thursday and will soon have my own little crossfit gym at home. That will make weekend workouts a lot easier when my girls are with me. But I digress.....so I did my 100 burpees for time in 7:19. Yes that's right this 44 year old, retired Army man did 100 burpees in 7:19. I only stopped to rest twice. Once at number 54 and again at 76. Both times I only stopped for 3 seconds before starting again. That was over an hour ago and I still feel like I'm going to throw up.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter