Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Perfect Day

CF Endurance

I'm writing early in the day because I have to fly tonight and I know that when I finally get home I'm not going to be in any mood to write. That being said I'm having a great day. I didn't get much sleep last night and I was kind of dreading this morning but it's turned out well. My alarm went off at 0530 and I really didn't want to get out of that warm bed. But somethings have to be taken care of so out I went into the cold for a 0600 swim.

I hit the pool and felt great! My stroke was smooth, my breathing was in sync and I felt strong. Here is the workout I did today. It was a speed workout which consisted of 4 x 100 meter internals with 30 second recoveries followed by 3 x 200 meter internals with 60 second recoveries. I pulled this workout straight from the crossfit endurance website. Last time I did a swim I did a time trial (TT) so I try to mix up the workouts with a TT/Tempo then a speed workout. My times in the pool were the best I've had to date. I'm hoping that I continue to improve as my swimming gets stronger and smoother. Here they are:

100m - 1:37, 100m - 1:42, 100m - 1:46, 100m - 1:47, 200m - 3:44, 200m - 3:45, 200m - 3:45

CF

As if that wasn't enough 3 hours later I'm getting ready to do my crossfit workout. Remember that crossfit and crossfit endurance go hand in hand. You can't just do the endurance workouts and expect to go the distance in a race. You have to do 4-5 crossfit workouts with your endurance workouts. You can read more about that at www.crossfitendurance.com. So I went to Jeannie's Beach Crossfit to get my crossfit on. Jeannie comes up with some ass kicking workouts that require balance, speed, coordination and strength and I personally LOVE them. Today was no different and Jeannie didn't disappoint. Here is what we did:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of: KB swings, TRX pushups, 24" box jumps, plus 6 15' rope climbs

My time was 13:51 and I was smoked!! :)

Now as you can see my day has been awesome! I worked out all morning and I'm flying this evening. Who has it better than me?? :)


If you're visiting my blog will you please take a second to subscribe/follow? I really appreciate it....Thanks Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter