Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, February 26, 2010

Work, Work, Work

Well I had good intentions to workout today but work had other plans. I'm in NV and we have a broken aircraft. I was elected to stay with the broken aircraft and mechanic to get it fixed. Well getting it fixed took all day today and it's still not complete. On the up side I really enjoy working on aircraft and today was educational and fun. However, educational and fun is not going to get it done on the race course.

I wouldn't mind missing a day but after being sick and missing a week of training I'm getting a bit pissed at myself. Tomorrow the weather is looking pretty bad here so I will have time to do a long slow run during the afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting out! No more excuses!! I know you guys aren't reading this to hear about how I almost worked out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter