Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snowboarding

Well I tried snowboarding today. The verdict is still out but I had fun which is the main point. I signed up for a 2 hour private lesson and that was the smartest thing I could have done. I finished that 2 hour lesson will all the basic to go attack the mountain on my own. How did I do? Well I only had three bad crashes. When I say bad I mean knees, arms, face kind of crashes! But overall I had a very good time. I'm going again tomorrow to see if a good nights sleep helps me to enjoying it more.

I used my GPS watch today but at some point in the day it stopped. So I only had 1:46:00 of data. During that time I went 6.6 miles (including the lifts) and averaged 3.3 mph. Now I was on the mountain from 9am to 3:30pm and I know that I went a lot further than 6.6 miles. Just ask my legs which are burning!! As a matter of fact I'm sore all over. I'll be glad to get back to normal workouts.

I hope that everyone had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter