Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rest Day

Hello friends! I thought I'd take a minute to wrap up the week of training.

This week I did 4 CF workouts and 5 CFE workouts. I did 2 runs, 1 bike, 1 swim and 1 row. I would like to see 2 bikes, 2 runs and 2 swims but the snow just messed up my entire week. I'm hoping to have better luck this coming week. I will continue to workout when I can and get as much from each workout as possible.

I have been reading a lot about Ironman distance racing and CFE. What I'm seeing is athletes having success doing CF/CFE and a long run/bike per week with very good Ironman race results. I'm going to keep researching and see what else I can dig up. But you might see some changes to my training plan in the future.

Have a good weekend.....Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter