Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, February 12, 2010

Over Head Squats......

I wish somebody would have just shot me this morning. The day started off just great. I got the girls off to school on time, did some work around the house and then headed over to Jeannie's for a workout. That is where I ran smack dab into the middle of 50 over head squats. Now I'll try anything but these damn over head squats just kick my ass. You have to imagine me holding 95lbs over my head while doing squats. Now unless you're blind or haven't seen me in a few years my legs are not the biggest and strongest around. As a matter of fact a guy last week asked me, "are those your legs or are you riding a chicken?" My sticks are made for running not over head squating but I'll be damned if I'm just going to lay down and give up.

So here is the workout we did today at Jeannie's.

5 rounds for time of:
10 overhead squats
10 pullups
10 burpees

I did 2 rounds at 95lbs and then reduced the weight to 75lbs for the last 3 rounds. I very rarely reduce the weight once I start a workout but over head squats is not something to mess with. I decided that reducing the weight would be better than an injury. My finish time was 12:05 and I was smoked. I think I just laid on the floor while my heart massaged my sternum for about 5 minutes.

OK thank G-d that is over with. Now fast forward 5 1/2 hours and you find me at the Bayside rec center getting ready for a swim. Today I did speed work in the pool. I did 10 x 50m intervals with 5x rest. Example; swim 50m in 40 seconds then rest 3:20. I left my watch down stairs so I won't be posting all 10 intervals. I will say that I was able to keep the time between 41 - 43 seconds. It was a great swim!

Tonight I went out with my friends Bill, Kristin and Lisa. We went to PF Chang's and lets just say it was the cheat night from hell. I ate way to much!! The company was awesome and so was the food. I ended the night with a slice of red velvet cake from the Cheese Cake Factory. It was a cheat night to remember and should cover me for at least a few weeks. If we had the chance to give our caveman ancestors a piece of red velvet cake I believe they would burst into flames.

Life is Good!!

2 comments:

  1. No worries kiddo... That red velvet cake couldn't have possibly touched any of your fat cells... Why? Because you don't have any! Your hard work shows--You look fantastic Jeff!

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter