Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, February 22, 2010

The longest WOD

The sun broke this morning over the mountains to the east of my hotel when the sun hit the mountains behind my hotel the snow sparkled like a million flashbulbs at a football game. It was beautiful!!

Today was the longest workout of the day (WOD) I have ever done. I went to crossfit Diamond Peak and did my workout at an all outdoor gym. The WOD was crazy! Here is the WOD: 3 hours on, 30 minute recovery, 3 hours on.

So for 3 hours I skied from the top to the bottom of the mountain. There was hardly a soul on the mountain so no waiting at the lifts. This mountain has a 2500 foot vertical drop and although I didn't count my runs I'm figuring we did about 5-7 runs per hour. After a healthy lunch and beer (recovery) we hit it again for 3 more hours. It was awesome! I think I would feel better if I'd just finished a marathon.

It was a good day. Tomorrow back to normal workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter