Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OMG my legs hate me!

Hello friends! I know that you've all been waiting for me to post something this evening. Well, I'm finally getting around to it so you'll be able to get some sleep soon. :)

Today I did the main site CF workout at Ft. Eustis. We have a very nice crossfit gym at work an it gets a lot of use. To bad it doesn't have any heat or insulation. So in the winter we freeze and in the summer we burn up. It's perfect for a crossfit box.

The workout: Back Squat 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 with 60 second rest between loads

Here is how I did: 115lb, 125lb, 135lb, 145lb, 155lb, 165lb, 175lb, 185lb, 175lb, 165lb

That doesn't look so hard, but try telling that to my legs right now.

OK fast forward 8 hours and I'm sitting on my bike with trainer at Point Performance sports in VA Beach doing a spin class. It was, well, different and being that it was my first one I didn't think it was all that hard. But once again my legs disagree with my heart. We did a 10 minute tempo, 20 tabatas (20 seconds on/10 second off), then we did a climber machine, a ladder climber and a walking/pushing treadmill and then back to the bikes for another 10 minute tempo. It was a good workout overall but I think I'll stick to my CFE workouts.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter