Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today was another beautiful day, but aren't they all beautiful?? I headed into work early today with a lot on my mind. I'm heading out of town soon, I have to pack up my condo, close on a new house and move in. Not to mention all the other little things that go along with moving from one place to another, even if it is just down the street.

Not to be discourage I headed for the crossfit gym at work as soon as I had the opportunity. Nothing like a little CF pain to clear the mind. :-) I pulled my CF workout from the crossfit endurance website. It was a good workout that pushed me, got my heart racing and basically kicked my ass. I love it!! :-)

Do one round on the minute for 15 minutes or until muscle failure:

4 clapping push ups
8 Kettlebell swings
12 Air squats

The clapping push ups were different but effective. I used a 50lbs kettlebell for the swings. I was able to finish each round in about 40 seconds. That gave me 20 seconds to shake it off and get ready to go again. I wasn't sure if the "until muscle failure" was meant for those that couldn't maintain the rounds in one minute or if it was meant to just keep going until muscle failure. Either way I stopped at 15 rounds and it was a good workout.

Three hours later I was on the way home to start packing and decided that I needed to get some pool time. I did a speed workout last time I swam so today I did a CFE Tempo swim of 800 meters. I felt pretty good even though I had worked out 3 hours early. However I felt like I was dragging an anchor. I need more time in the pool. Didn't I say that I need to spend more time running? Maybe I need to quit working and just swim, bike and run. That would be nice but I'd probably get very hungry and cold once I'm homeless.

OK the swim time was 16:19 for 800 meters. I really want that time to be around 13:00. I'll just keep pushing it until I get it!!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter