Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Well I have good news and bad news tonight. Lets focus on the good news!! I was up and moving early this morning. Knowing that today was closing and moving day I wanted to make sure I got some training completed. So I hit the pool (everything else is packed) for some speed work. I did today's crossfit endurance workout which was called "Lactate Shuttle".

Here is the workout:
5 minutes on, 2:30 recovery (265 meters)
6 minutes on, 3:00 recovery (315 meters)
7 minutes on, done. (365 meter)

Each swim is done at an all out pace. My distances are listed above in parenthesis and are approximate. As you can see I'm no Marlin (more like a guppy) but I'm getting better technically. I was able to bi-lateral breath and maintain my stroke technique on each round.

The bad news (very briefly)! I didn't close on the new house today. Their are some survey issues that need to be worked out before I can close. Hopefully I'll be able to move my things in tomorrow. I'll let you know.

I'm going to add some daily quotes as I hear them. I kept a list of quote when I was in the military for 10 years and read them at my retirement. It was hilarious!

This is from my 5 year old: Her Mom "You need to get out of the bathtub". Five year old "Ah shit, I don't think so".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter