Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Row, Row, Row your Concept 2 Rower

My small world commonly know as Virginia Beach is still covered in a very thick blanket of snow. It's beautiful and the kids love it but I need to train!! Today was a semi rest day since I didn't do a crossfit workout. I did pull and push kids up and down a hill so they could sled all morning. I think that counts for something.

Today I really didn't want to run in 6 inches of snow. And I really didn't want to ride the bike trainer in my condo either and I just didn't have time for a swim. So I jumped on my handy dandy brand new Concept 2 rower and did the crossfit endurance workout. I thought it wouldn't be that tough of a workout on the rower but now that I'm 4 hours post workout my legs are feeling the burn. I love the burn!

This workout could have been done swimming, running, biking or rowing. I might do it again later in the week on the bike or in the pool.

Anyway here is the workout: All out pace!!

1 min on/1 min off, 1 min on/50 sec off, 1 min on/40 sec off, 1 min on/30 sec off, 1 min on/20 sec off, 1 min on/10 sec off, 1 min on/20 sec off, 1 min on/30 sec off, 1 min on/40 sec off, 1 min on/50 sec off, 1 min on/done!

Final stats: 11:00 mins @ 3225 meters

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter