Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, January 29, 2010

Strange workout

Well today was a good day. However the Crossfit workout was a little strange. I went to Jeanine's Beach Crossfit here in Va Bch for my workout. She normally makes up some crazy workout that leaves you laying on the ground gasping for air while your heart massages your sternum. But today she had two options. We could either do Karen (Crossfit names a lot of it's workouts after women or KIA military heros) which was 150 wall ball shots with a 20lbs ball or we could do the Crossfit main site workout of the day (WOD). Which was:

10 Min of hand stand push ups
5 Min of squats
2 Min of pull ups
1 Min of push ups

Count the total reps.

All but two of us did the main site WOD. It didn't suck as bad as I thought it was going to but it wasn't fun either. Now that I'm sitting here typing my shoulders are not to happy and my legs...well my legs are pretty much never happy anymore.

My total count was 267 reps. When I break it down I did 78 hand stand push ups, 113 squats, 35 pull ups and 41 push ups. I have never done that workout and neither has anybody else so I don't have anything to compare it to...sorry!

You'd think that was enough but no I still had a swim on the schedule for today. I always try to wait at least 3 hours between my crossfit and crossfit endurance workouts.

So today I did a time trail (TT) swim. Remember the CFE program is a little different than people are used to seeing. Today's CFE workout was a 10 min TT, yes a 10 min TT. Meaning I swam as fast as possible for 10 mins. How did I do? Well I'm still way slower than I want to be but I was able to complete 510 meters in 10 mins. That comes out to 31:15 per mile. My swim goal is 25:00 per mile. So as you can see I have a long way to go. I've been swimming in a 25m pool and I don't do flip turns so my times could be a little faster. Next week I'm going to try to swim in a 50m pool and see if it makes a difference.

Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter