Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My legs hate me!

Today was a good day!

My workouts today were leg intensive:

In the AM I did 7 back squats, with rest between as necessary. Yes just 7 squats! You can see a demo at www.crossfit.com just look at the video/demo link.

Here are my results: 155 lbs, 165 lbs, 175 lbs, 185 lbs, 195 lbs, 185 lbs, 185 lbs

After I finished I was thinking..."that wasn't so bad" but 2 hours later my legs were singing to me......OUCH!!

After lunch and 4 hours after my squats I got on the bike for some speed work. The crossfit endurance workout that I did was 5 x 2k at best possible speed.

Here are my results for 5 x 2k: 3:21 @ 22.3 mph, 3:34 @ 21 mph, 3:38 @ 20.6 mph, 3:42 @ 20.2 mph, 3:42 @ 20.3 mph

As you can see I need to work on my biking skills.... There is plenty of time and I'll get there.

I ended my day with my daughters. Going to swim team, giving baths, drying hair, reading stories and tucking then in for the night. I am so blessed to have beautiful kids, a great family and my health that allows me to enjoy all the things in life.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter