Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wetsuit swim

On Friday I talked about getting a new wetsuit. Well I did just that with a trip to www.trivillage.com which has a warehouse in Miami. The owners were very helpful and had me try on 4 different suits. I finally decided on a sleeveless Blue Seventy Axis with Quintana Roo swim sleeves. The sleeves give it the feel of a full suit without covering the arms.

Today I found a place to swim inside the inlet near Singer Island. It's not open water but it is salt water and is a good place for me to get my feet wet doing open water swims. Plus it has a life guard just in case. The area is 150m long and marked by 5 bouy's. Today I swam back and forth for 30:00 minutes and did 10 links for a total of 1450m. I'm very unhappy with that time especially since a wetsuit should help you swim a bit faster. I should be able to do 1600 plus meters in 30:00. I really need to work on my swimming speed......
The good news is I can swim in a pretty straight line. Now I just need to turn over my stroke at a faster pace and get moving.

Have a good day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter