Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Unexpected run

I'm finishing up my school this week and the schedule is a bit tight. I had pretty much written off running or biking this week. However we got out of class today about an hour early and headed down to the beach for a run. I'm here with a business partner and he wanted to do a 5 mile run. So I'm thinking that is a great idea, I'll run with you. He runs at about an 8 minute pace so I was looking forward to an easy relaxing run. Well after about one mile I just couldn't hold back any longer. So with the remaining time I decided to do an improvised crossfit endurance run. Instead of time I just used the remaining distance. 1.5 miles at best possible pace to the 2.5 mile turn around point. I didn't time the 1.5 mile run but my GPS watch showed 6:15 pace for most of the run. Once Austin caught up to me, resting at the 2.5 turn around, I ran 1 mile with him again and then took off again with 1.5 miles to go. On this leg I was able to maintain 6:30 for most of the run. So I'm happy to report that I was able to get a nice run in this afternoon. Which was complete unexpected.

I'm heading back to Virginia Beach tomorrow afternoon. I'm really looking forward to getting home and seeing "all" my girls.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter