Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, April 19, 2010

Did you guys miss me yesterday? Well you didn't miss much. I spent the day studying and being sick to my stomach. I must have eaten something yesterday morning that just didn't agree with my GI track. I spent most of the afternoon and evening just laying around. This morning I felt completely normal. Not sure what it was but I'm glad that it's gone. In light of being sick I decided to take the morning off from my workouts and take it easy. However that changed this evening when it was time for swimming.

It's amazing how much easier it is to swim when you're fresh. If you remember back a few weeks I talked about how I have to become a better swimmer. Well, I think I'm getting to that point. Tonight I felt strong and fast for the entire workout. I'm looking forward to continuing to improve my swim technique. Here is what I did tonight in the pool.

200m freestyle, 100m breast, 200m pull, 100m breast
6 x 75m freestyle, breast, freestyle (25m free, 25m breast, 25m free)
10 x 100m (2 free, 2 pull, 2 kick, 2 free, 2 pull)
8 x 50m (25m free all out, 25m easy)

Total distance was 2450 meters.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter