Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today was a good day. I was able to ride, do crossfit and swim. I'm exhausted and heading to bed early. Here are the details:

Crossfit endurance bike doing 1 minute on/1 minute off x 9. I started with a nice warm up of 4 miles at a moderate pace. Then I started my count down timer on my GPS watch for the 1 minute on/1 minute off. On each minute on I went at best possible pace. Here are those results - 1) .38m @ 22.6mph, 2) .37m @ 22.3mph, 3) .38m @ 22.9mph, 4) .40 @ 23.9mph, 5) .38 @ 22.9mph, 6) .39m @ 23.7mph, 7) .40 @ 24mph, 8) .40 @ 23.9mph, 9) .38 @ 22.9mph. Total time riding today was around 45 minutes with warm up and cool down.

Next I was at BGI fitness for some crossfit. Today's workout was called the "Goat" it was made up for someones last birthday. Originally it was 26 rounds but today we got off easy with 20 rounds. You could do all 26 if you wanted the extra credit. I decided that I did enough extra credit events and went with 20 rounds.

20 rounds for time of: 1 muscle up, 2 hand stand push ups, 3 burpees, 4 GHD situps

My time was 23:13 and yes it was an ass kicker!! I spent sometime after the workout on a foam roller to workout the soreness in my back and legs. Those things are great!

Back at the hotel for a quick snack and then it was time for swim team. I'm really enjoying this masters swim program. I'll have to join the one in Virginia Beach when I get home. Anyway, tonight I could tell that I was getting tired from this busy week. My new rest day (Sunday) is just around the corner and I can't wait. So tonight at swim team I did the following events: 500m freestyle, 8 x 50m freestyle drills, 100m breast/back, 200m kickboard, 300m pull buoy, 400m freestyle, 300m pull buoy, 200m kickboard, 100m breast/back, done. Total distance - 2500m

Now I'm back at my hotel, showered, clean and finishing up a good paleo dinner of chicken breast, green beans and some nuts. I'm going to bed early tonight.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter