Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Today was a long, long day!! I completed my training today for a new helicopter type rating. What does that really mean. Well a new type rating checkride is the same as getting a new Airline Transport Category (ATP) checkride. ATP is the highest certificate a pilot can get. This was my fourth type ride since getting my ATP many years ago. The stress and demands are the same now as they were 13 years ago. The good news is I passed and it's done.

I managed to get back to the hotel and get my swim gear for a little swim tonight. I was about 15 minutes late for swim team but I was able to get about 2000 meters completed. After that I meet my business partner Austin for dinner at Outback for a well deserved celebration dinner.

Now I'm back at the hotel and looking to get some sleep. I think I'll take tomorrow off and get back to it on Thursday morning.

Have a good day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter