Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

45 years young

Well today was my 45th birthday. It has been a great day!! I'm still standing by the fact that I'm 45 from the neck up and only 30 from the neck down. I didn't do much of a workout but I did spend some quality time with my girls, my girlfriend and my girl friends girls. Yes I'm swimming in a sea of estrogen.

As far as workouts go I did manage to do a 25 minute swim this morning. I mainly concentrated on swim drills and pulling. We'll see how everything comes together this weekend at the White Lake Half Ironman. I also did 45 pull ups to honor my birthday.

Tonight I went out for mexican food with all my girls. Before we left the restaurant they brought me a shot of tequila and sang me happy birthday. It was quit the experience. Once we returned home my awesome girlfriend had a red velvet cake (my favorite) for me with candles that just can't be blown out. I had a big piece of cake and some icecream. That is not in my normal diet but it was damn good. Thank you Lisa for the wonderful birthday!!

Have a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter