Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, April 16, 2010

Easy day??

The only thing easy about today was I didn't have to do a crossfit workout. I did a long bike followed by a short run today. I started from my hotel and worked my way down to the beach. I then headed north along the beach road through Juno Beach and onto Jupiter island. It was a beautiful day for a ride minus the wind from the ocean. Regardless I made it back to the hotel 2 hours and 30 minutes after I had left. Total distance was 45 miles with an average speed of 18.1 mph. Not bad after the week of workouts I've had.

I then did a quick change at the hotel and headed out for a quick and short run. That transition time was 4:46. My after bike run was 15 minutes. During that my short run I was able to cover just over 2 miles. That was my easy day.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter