Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today was my last day working out this week. I'm ready for a rest day. But first I headed over to BGI Fitness for my crossfit WOD. David was working the floor and demonstrated the exercises for today's WOD. Today was a combo of strength and endurance. Cleans and Jerks, ball slams and double unders. Here is how we worked it:

10, 9, 8, 7, 6......1

Squat clean, reset Jerk or split jerk
ball slams
25 double unders after odd numbered rounds

I did 95lbs for the cleans and jerks, which was the RX'd weight for this workout. I used a 20 lbs slam ball which was also the RX'd weight. My time was 19:26 and it was an ass kicker!! I know you've heard it before but I really love the "OMG I can't breath am I dying feeling" I have after a crossfit workout.

I took some time for dinner and then went to a master's swim team workout. They workout at a local Palm Beach Country Club and they have a 50m pool. I'm not sure I can remember all that we did but I'll try. To warm up we did 4 x 200m (free style, kick board, swim buddy float, back). Then we did a variety of 25m swims. The main workout was 4 x 200m with arms only with swim buddy on 1 and 3, full swim on 2 and 4. Then 4 x 150m using fins (yes fins) free style 1 and 3, kick board 2 and 4. Then we did 4 x 25m all out with a brief rest between events. We finished off with an easy 100m swim. It was a good workout and I'm glad that I went. I will probably only go to a couple of these workouts because they are not what I'm looking to do. I'm going to try and stay as close to crossfit endurance as possible. I will go and use the pool during the day, especially since it's a 50m pool.

I'm going wetsuit shopping tomorrow since it's my rest day. I'll let you know if I get one.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter