Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, April 26, 2010

Well I thought that I was going to have lots of training time today. So I went off to work knowing that I would be back home by 1300 with plenty of time to run and then swim. I didn't bother to take workout clothes because what could happen. Well as I was about to leave around 1200 I was informed that I had to be at a 1500 meeting. Seriously?!?!? Ok, if you say so.....

Not to be to discouraged I just went to the exchange and bought a new pair of running shoes (I needed a pair), shorts and a heart rate monitor (been needing that too). I then went back to work and proceeded with the following workout. I did a 5 mile run with 6 x 100m sprints mixed in. My ultimate goal was to see what my heart rate is at race pace. Since I didn't have my GPS watch I had figure out the pace per mile after the run. The pace turned out to be 7:41 with an average heart rate of 138. I think that is pretty good for an old man.

Tonight I was invited to Lake Christopher in Virginia Beach. This was going to be a 1 mile open water (Lake) swim. The water was cold but not unbearable so off we went. The .97 mile route took me 28:10 to complete. Just as I was exiting the water I heard a loud boom of thunder and within minutes, no seconds, it was pouring down rain. Finished just in time. The good news is I now have a good place to train without worrying about sharks or jelly fish.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    Would like to join your group at lake christopher if possible. I'm the guy that works out at HTC that has been emailing you about tapering. Drop me a line at jeffkeenan23@yahoo.com if you get a chance

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter