Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hello friends! I'm back in VA BCH and enjoying my girls!! It's a short "visit" but I'll make the most of it while I'm here. This coming week is going to be busy. I have my 45th Birthday, my parents are coming to visit and I'm doing a half ironman. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable week.

Ok since I last posted on Thursday I have done two workouts. On Saturday I did a 1:30:00 ride with the group at Fat Frogs at Red Mill. It was an enjoyable and fast ride of 30 miles. I can't wait to ride with them again in the future. Plus I now know where I can ride without lots of traffic. After the ride I did a quick change and then ran 15 minutes with a distance of 2.25 miles.

Today I did a 30 minute bike at 100 RPM for a distance of 10 miles. I then did a 50 minute run with a distance of 6.5 miles. What a beautiful day for a bike and run. I'm glad to be home and working out in my back yard.

Have a good week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter