Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, April 5, 2010

Bike - Hill repeats

Today I didn't do any crossfit. I'm getting ready for a sprint triathlon this coming weekend in South Beach so I'm "kind of" taking it easy this week. Plus my lady Lisa is in town visiting her brother (and me) so crossfit can wait a few days.

Ok back to the workout that I did today. I took the crossfit endurance workout and made some of my own modifications. I really don't think I'm putting enough time on my body to be competitive in an ironman event. The key word here is competitive!! I do think that if you want to complete an ironman you can do it with nothing other than crossfit and crossfit endurance. However you'll have to do the bike at 16 mph and the run at a 10 minute pace. That is just my opinion after doing two half marathons and a full marathon doing nothing but crossfit and crossfit endurance. Even thought I PR'd each half marathon I was lacking energy and strength in the final few miles. So once again I'm going to be making some modification to my program over the next few weeks.

The crossfit endurance workout today was 12 x 20 second sprints with 2 minute recovery.
Here is the first workout modification. I rode 5 miles spinning at 100 RPM to a bridge that goes over the inter-coastal waterway. I then did 12 hill repeats over that bridge at best possible pace with 30 second recovery. I then returned to my hotel covering the same 5 miles spinning at 100 RPM. Total time today was 1 hour with 17 miles covered.

Remember that my goal is not to just finish Ironman Louisville, but I want to be competitive.

Have a nice day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter