Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Perfect Taper Day

I'm getting ready to do my first triathlon since 1992 on Sunday. I'm ready and excited about the event. So today I didn't do crossfit or swimming or biking or running. What I did was much more important and it's something that will be remembered long after I'm gone and forgotten by most people. I spent the afternoon and evening with my three daughters. My ex rented a house about an hour from where I'm working and today I got to see my girls for the first time in over two weeks. My oldest (8) and I body surfed and boogie boarded together for about an hour. The two little ones (5 & 6) only got into the waves a few times with me. Once it started to get to cold we headed back to the house and played in the pool.

After getting them and myself cleaned up we all went to dinner at a restaurant on the inter-coastal waterway. After dinner we watched people feed big Jack Carvelle fish off the pier by the restaurant. Like all good times with my girls it had to come to an end. So I gave them all hugs and kiss before heading back to my hotel. I know that I was only there for a few hours but I hope that someday far in the future they will remember when "Daddy" came to the beach in FL and played with them. I love them so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter