Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today started with a nice slow 30 minute bike. The goal was to maintain 100 RPM or greater and do an easy spin. It was a nice morning except for the 3 minutes of pouring down rain. Luckily the rain was towards the end of my ride. I was able to cover 8.12 miles @ 16.1 mph.

After the ride I put the bike away and had some oatmeal. I then changed into running clothes and drove to Juno beach for my run. Juno beach is a very popular running and biking area. My running goal for today was 1 hour 15 minute with a heart rate between 138 and 155 bpm. I don't have a heart rate monitor here but I did stop once to check my heart rate which was right at 144 bpm. In the end I ran 9.89 miles @ 7:35 pace.

The rest of the day and tomorrow will be complete and total rest days.

I have been wanting to recap my weekly training and tonight will be the first of many recaps to come. So here is what I did this week:

Swimming - 7,850 meters
Biking - 90.14 miles
Running - 22.21 miles
Plus four crossfit workouts

It's been a good week. Life is Good!

Have a good weekend friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter