Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, April 22, 2010

West Palm Beach to Virginia Beach

My time in West Palm Beach has come to an end. I'll be heading home this afternoon after I finish my final class. I would like to thank the folks at BGI Fitness, Todd, Dana and David for all their hospitality. They have a great box and the workouts were challenging and fun. I can't wait to come back and workout with them again. Check our there website at www.bgifitness.com.

This morning I decided to get my workout on before class this afternoon. I got up early and headed over to BGI fitness for a solid crossfit workout. We did 5 rounds for time of: 12 deadlift, 9 hang power cleans, 6 push jerks. I used 125 lbs and finished in 16:56. I know that 125 lbs doesn't sound heavy for deadlift or hang power cleans but putting that weight overhead 30 times is a bear. Good workout!

I was planning to get to the hotel and get out on the bike but on the way back at 0800 I realized that everyone was trying to get to work. Which means they were probably angry and still asleep. So I took some time for breakfast and headed out at 0900. I did a short brick workout today. I rode the bike 30 minutes, took a 3 minute break and then ran 15 minutes. On the 30 minute bike I was able to cover 10.5 miles with an average pace of 21 mph. After my transition I started my run. I ran 15:00 minutes and covered 2.14 miles for a pace of 7:03. I felt great during the brick and crossfit workouts today.

Now I have four hours of class and I'll be on the road again.

I'll post again when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter