Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to work

I'm not taking a rest and recovery day after yesterday's triathlon because I took 3 days off last week. Besides the triathlon was basically just another workout and a tune up race. So today I was back at BGI fitness for some crossfit fun. Today's WOD was:

5 rounds for time of:
40 double unders
20 Kettlebell swings
10 walking lunges (each leg)

I used 53 lbs for my KB swings and I carried 26 lb KB's in each hand for the lunges. When all was said and done my time was 18:04. Not to bad for a recovery workout.

I then took a 3 hour rest before doing a swim workout with the local Master's swim team here in Palm Beach, FL. The workout tonight was done in the pouring rain. I'm just glad that it didn't lighting and thunder on us. Anyway here is what we did: 4 x 200m (freestyle, pull only, kick board, freestyle) then 10 x 150 (Odd # pull only, Even # freestyle) with 20 second rest between sets. I didn't time any of these swims. Instead I just concentrated on form, pulling and breathing. I will be a better swimmer!!

Have a good day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter