Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brick Day

Today is my full on brick day. The iron fit program calls for a 45 minute bike followed by a 15 minute run. I got up early and was on the road by 0730. I rode around Bay Island 3 times for a total time of 42 minutes with a distance of 12.7 miles. I returned home and did a quick change for my run. I took off and had that old familiar twang in my left ankle. I actually cut my run short so that I can just rest my ankle before the race on Saturday. Here is what I did run; 9:41 for 1.25 miles.

I spent the rest of the day getting my life in order. I'm still trying to get my house in order. I also took my girls to dinner and then brought them back to my house for baths and bedtime. It's just awesome having the girls here with me in my own home. Tomorrow this house becomes more of a home. I'm getting my living room furniture and my bedroom furniture. It's going to be a good day.

Take care my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter