Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today I did a short bike and a long run. Last night however I went to two different parties and had more food and whiskey than I eat or drink in a normal week. So my performance today was not what I was hoping it to be. I left my house and did a very short bike just to get my legs moving. I rode about 5 miles in 18 minutes before returning home to start my run. Since I'm going to be running the marathon on asphalt I'm doing my long runs on the road and staying out of Sea Shore state park. Lisa and I left my house at 5pm for a 2 hour run. She was riding her bike and I, of course, was running. Our final destination was Lisa's house some 13 miles away. Before we could stop though we had to add some extra mileage to get the full 2 hours. It really wasn't that bad of a run and I felt pretty good the entire way. In the end I ran 2:00:02 and covered 15.02 miles for an average pace of 7:59 per mile. That is my marathon pace for the ironman. Of course today I didn't ride my bike 112 miles, but those are just details!!

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter