Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bike/Swim

Today I did a one hour bike around Ft. Eustis. I started off with a 25 minute warm up then I did 10 hill repeats, then a cool down for a total of 1:00:02. The distance was 19.39 miles. I also didn't drink any water on the ride, yes that's right I didn't drink any water. I was doing a sweat test to check my sweat rate. My pre bike weight was 172 lbs and my post bike weight was 168.25 lbs. The temp was 91 when I started and 94 when I finished. I lost 3.75 lbs of sweat in one hour. That is more than 2% of my body weight in lost fluids. If I lost that much on the Ironman I would be out of the race. Bottom line - Hydrate!!

I then went to the Fleet Rec center pool for some 50 meter laps. I did a 900 meter warm up followed by 4 x 100m free with 2 minute swim intervals (SI), 800m free, 8 x 100m free with 2 minute SI and a 6 x 50m cooldown. I only timed the main set of 800m and 8x100m. My average time per 100m came out to 1:45 per minute. Total distance was 3200 meters. I didn't feel that great when I first got in the pool but by the end of the session I was feeling great.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter