Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Run/Swim

This morning I was running errands and didn't get to work until 0930. I was stressing about getting in a one hour run before attending the change of command and promotion of a very good friend at 1100. Luckily I was wearing my running gear when I got to work and headed right out the door for a run. I did a repeat of yesterday's speed work intervals, except of course I ran. I did a 18 minute warm up then, 5 minutes on, 2:30 minutes off, 6 minutes on, 3:00 minutes off, 7 minutes on, 18 minute cool down. During the "off" times I still ran although at a much slower pace. On the 5, 6 and 7 minute intervals I was able to maintain a 6:30 pace average. The total distance was 8.22 miles for 59:30 and the pace was 7:14 per mile.

I then attended meetings and ran more errands in the afternoon but before the day was over I managed to get in the pool. I didn't have any special workout in mind so I just jumped in and started swimming. After 32 laps (25m pool) I stopped my watch and the time was 26 minutes. That averages out to 1:37 per 100m. It was good to just get in the pool and swim.

I want to give a special shout out to my girlfriend's daughter who turned 13 today. Yes she wants to do a triathlon sometime.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter