Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Saturday, July 24, 2010

More heat!!!

Today was the last workout of the week. Thank goodness because tomorrow the heat index it going to be around 106 degrees. Today it was a cool 103 degrees! So I did an easy bike spinning at 100 rpm for 1 hour and 28 minutes. The distance and speed where not as important as just spinning at 100 rpm. But I did cover 24 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes. I then did a quick change into my running gear and then the real pain began. I ran into Sea Shore State Park with Lisa by my side on her bike. We then preceded to cover 17.1 miles over the next 2 hours and 30 minutes. Yes that is an 8:45 pace!! I can't even describe the heat that I ran in today. I can only hope that it's not nearly this hot in Louisville for the race. Every time we passed a water fountain Lisa would fill her 2 qt water bottle and pour it over my head about 3 times before I would start running again. It was a tough day but I finished the run and trained my mind to go a little further even when it hurts.

Have a good weekend! I'll be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter