Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Short bike/Long run

I'm still in Roswell, NM with the aliens. The helicopter I'm flying is broke hard and we're waiting for a maintenance crew to come fix it. Hopefully I'll be back home before this coming Friday. I'll keep you updated.

In the mean time I did a short bike and long run today. I did 45 minutes on the bike just spinning at 100 RPM. Nothing major just a short ride to get the blood flowing again after yesterdays long bike. I then went out to a state park here with a couple of the guys for a long run. They dropped me off when we got of the main road and I started running to the lake where they were going. Seven miles and one hour later I finally made it to the lake. The winds, hills and altitude here are brutal. I then did two loops around the area of the lake for a total run distance of 14.5 miles in 2:05:00. That was about 30 minutes shorter than I wanted to go but I was running very low on my water resupply. I actually drank 120 oz of water during the 2 hour run. I'm thankful that Ryan and Shane didn't mind hanging out at the lake waiting for me to come back around for water refills. Thanks guys!

I only have 28 days until the race. So far I have logged 154 hours 6 minutes and 1897.7 miles.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter