Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, July 2, 2010

Long bike/Short run

I started my Friday long ride a little later than normal this week. Mainly because the low last night was 67 degrees and I was too worried about the heat. I departed from Fat Frogs bike shop at 0650 for a quick 30 minute ride before meeting up with the main Friday morning "family" group. We left Fat Frogs at 0730 and I rode with them until about 0820 when I headed out on my own. I rode back over to Pungo Ferry Rd to ride over the bridge. I rode between Princess Anne and Blackwater until it was time to depart for home. I managed to cross over the bridge 10 times during my travels. I finally made it back to my car at Fat Frogs in 4:25:30 after covering 87 miles. The last 20 miles where the worst since I was riding into an 18 mph headwind.

I then did a quick change and started my run. I did 45 minutes and covered 6 miles which is a 7:30 pace. The weather was perfect for a long run.

During the bike I ate peanut butter and honey sandwiches plus water. It's messy but it works for me.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter