Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monday/Tuesday

Ok folks I'm back to the keyboard to catch you up on my training!

Monday I was up at 0550 so that I could get in an early morning swim at my secret open water swimming spot. I met Scott K (ok it's not that secret) and we did a one mile swim around the lake. It's was a beautiful morning for a swim, smooth clear water, perfect temperature, no wind, which leaves me wondering why it took me 30:18 to swim .97 mile. I'm hoping I just had a slow day. Overall it was a good swim and I was back home before anyone even knew I was gone.

Monday evening I did a one hour run in Sea Shore state park. Lisa rode her bike to keep me company along the way. During the run I inserted 4 x 5 minute all out efforts with 3 minute cool downs between. On the cool downs I ran at an 8 minute pace. My total time was 1:01:48, I covered 8.25 miles for a pace of 7:30 per mile.

Today I did my weekly brick workout. I rode hard for 45 minutes and then ran 30 minutes with minimal time between events. The bike took 48:52 for 17.14 mile which is an average of 21 mph. The run was 30:00 and covered 3.99 miles for an average of 7:31 per mile. It was a good day for training. Very hot and little wind.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter