Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bahamas

Well I'm back from the Bahamas and my little mid season break. I had hoped to workout a lot more than I did but that just didn't happen. I think that the slow down in training will be a benefit in the long run. The only thing I did to damage my fitness to this point was drink way more than I normally do and eat pizza almost everyday. It was awesome!! Not to worry because from this point on I'm alcohol free and eating clean until I cross the finish line at the Ironman.

I basically did two workouts while I was in the Bahamas. The first morning I did a Tabata run on a treadmill with a 10 minute warm up at 8 minute pace and a 5 minute cool down at 8 minute pace. The Tabata was done at 10% incline and 6:45 per minute pace. As a reminder the Tabata is 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 8. It's a really ass kicker! Try it sometime!

I did a short brick workout also. I did 20 minutes on a stationary bike and then a 20 minute run on a treadmill. Mainly just to remind my body of the training it's currently missing. I did a few short swims as well. The winds here were blowing all the time and swimming in the open water was rough.

Ok that is all the working out that I did. Here is some of the fun stuff that I did.

The main reason for this trip was Corey and Mary's wedding. The wedding was on the beach and it was a beautiful day. The bride looked awesome and the groom was smiling from ear to ear. It was an honor to be here and witness such a beautiful wedding between our friends. Others that made the trip were Corey's Mom and Dad, Bill and Kristen, Craig and Sarah, Chris and Susan and Myself and Lisa.

I did two dives off the west coast of Nassau. We saw numerous sharks, large grouper and sea turtles. The visibility wasn't that great but it was a fun dive just the same. We also did a lot of sailing on the resort Hobie Cats. We went parasailing, which was a first for all of us and it was a blast. I can't believe I've never done that before. I highly recommend doing it. We also enjoyed closing down the piano bar and watching people sing karaoke. We didn't stay out late the last night but we have been told that there was some lap dancing, skinny dipping and men trying on woman's high heels. It was a great vacation!!

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter