Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Did I miss a day?? Well it doesn't matter because tomorrow I'm taking a break and going to the Bahamas for a few days. Not to worry I'll be working out while I'm there. But mostly I'm going to relax and have fun.

Monday I went swimming at the Fleet Rec center 50m pool. I really like that pool for long distance swimming. Someday I'm going to learn to do flip turns like all the experts that swim there with me. I'm finally able to bilateral breathe without feeling like my lungs are going to explode. Hopefully that will lead to me getting faster! Here is what I did yesterday: Warm-up 300m free, 300m pull then, 2x100m (10s RI), 2x200m (20s RI), 2x300m (30s RI), 400m pull (30s RI), 100m (10s RI), 200m (20s RI), 300m, cooldown 100m free, done! Total distance was 2900 meters and I only timed the main set which was 2200 meters. My time was 38:37 which averaged out to 1:45 per 100m. I'd like to get to around 1:35 per 100m. I'm working on it!!

Today I went up to Williamsburg for a long ride. I'm not going to be here Friday for my normal long ride so I did one today. I like the terrain since it's more like rolling hills, plus it's not nearly as boring as riding over the Pungo Ferry Bridge for hours. I'm told that Louisville has rolling hills with a couple of big hills. I really couldn't tell you where all I rode today since I don't know anything about Williamsburg. But when I was finished I had rode for 4:12:25 and covered 83.31 miles. That's about 19.7 mph. Still not as fast as I'd like to be but I'm thinking once I taper I'll have the extra go to break 20 mph at the race.

Have a good week and I'll let you know about my workouts when I return from the Bahamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter