Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Long Run

Today I did a long slow run. I didn't have time to run this morning because my girls had a swim meet and you have to be at the meet by 0700. After the swim meet I hustled over to Lisa's house for her daughter's birthday party. The twist is that the party was at a skating rink that just happened to be about 12 miles away. So after taking a little trip back to 1974 on the roller rink and enjoying some yummy birthday cake it was time to run. We brought Lisa's bike with us so she could ride back with me, while her sister drove her car back home.

After running all over south Virginia Beach we finally arrived back at her house. The total distance was 13.82 miles in 1:48:05 which comes out to 7:49 per mile. That is the pace I want to run on the Ironman marathon. The good news, at least to me, is that I could have easily continued at that pace. I have longer runs coming up in the next few weeks as I build for the race. I'm hoping to continue getting stronger and hopefully a little faster.

Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter