Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Sorry about missing yesterday. I flew late and just completely forgot. So let me try and catch you guys up.

Wednesday - I was up early at 0600 for a 0630 crossfit workout here in Ft. Walton Beach. We did the crossfit total which is 1 rep max, back squat, press and deadlift. I have to admit that I'm terrible at the squat. With that said, I'm not talking about the squat you were taught to do in high school. These are real squats with the buttocks going lower than the knees, head neutral and a good lumbar curve before you push through your heels to the full upright position. I was able to do 175lbs on the squat. The next event is the press. This is a standing press with your feet flat on the floor. No use of the body is allowed. Just rack the barbell/weight and press it straight up. I did 135lbs. The deadlift was next and after a few warm up rounds I was able to lift 305lbs. That gave me a crossfit total of 615 lbs. The goal is to get to 1000 lbs total. I don't see that happening in the near future but I'll keep trying.

I then had a good breakfast and took a break before getting on my bike. I waited a few hours and did a crossfit endurance bike. The workout was 2 x 5 min with 2 minute rest then; 5 x 1 minute with 30 second rest between rounds. Here is the break down: 1) 1.83 miles @ 21.9 mph, 2) 1.52 miles @ 18.3 mph (into the wind), 3) .33 miles @ 19.9 mph, 4) .34 miles @ 20.3 mph, 5) .32 miles @ 19.1 mph, 6) .30 miles @ 18.2 mph.

I then went to the pool for a short swim. I did a total of 2700 meters with a warmup or 12x50m, 200m and a cooldown of 100m. The main set was 400m (20 RI), 4x100 (20 RI), 300m (20 RI), 3x100 (20 RI), 200m (20 RI), 2x100m (20 RI). My average pace was 1:38. Which means I'm finally getting faster.

Thursday - Today I did a swim and run. The swim was an endurance swim from a training swim book I have. Here is what I did today: warmup - 300m, 300m kick. Main set - 8x150m (20 RI), rest 1 min, 8x100m (15 RI), rest 1 min, 8x50 (10 RI). Cooldown - 100m easy. Total distance was 3100 meters with an average pace of 1:32. I'm only timing the main sets when I do a swim workout.

I then did a hill repeat run. My hotel is about 1/2 mile from the intercoastal and the main road has a big bridge. So after a 10 minute warmup, I did 6 hill repeats of the bridge. I was planning to do more but the heat and auto exhaust was killing me. I finished with 4.92 miles and 39:21 minutes which is right at an 8 minute pace.

It's been a long day since I just finished flying 4.5 hours tonight. Everyone have a good Friday and Memorial day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter