Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, May 17, 2010

It's great to be back at home even if it's only for one week. Today I was able to get back on my training schedule and should be able to do it all week. Tomorrow I'm buying a bike travel case that I'm going to ship to the places that I work so I'll always have a bike to train. I have a Trek 2300 road bike that is going to be my travel bike for training. More to follow on that.

Here is what I did today. I started the day with a short 2350 meter swim. Warm up - 200m free, 2x(50m free, 100m kick, 50m free) then, 300m, 200m, 100m, 200m, 100m, 50m, 200m, 100m then, 5x100m pull. I really felt good today in the water. I'm trying to concentrate on technique and not power/speed.

I then went straight to crossfit. It was good to get back to Jeannie's Beach Crossfit and see all my crossfit buddies. We did a very good workout and here it is: Front squat immediately followed by Push press. We did the front squats in descending order and the push presses in ascending order. The number workout like this: 10-1, 9-2, 8-3, 7-4, 6-5, 5-6, 4-7, 3-8, 2-9, 1-10. I used 95 lbs and it was an ass kicker like all crossfit workouts.

This afternoon I did a crossfit endurance run. It was pouring rain and windy but I just had to get it done. I did a 1.95 mile warm up which took 15:03. I then did 6x400m at best possible pace, 1) 1:37, 2) 1:22, 3) 1:20, 4) 1:22, 5) 1:20, 6) 1:30. I did a 2 minute cool down between each interval. I then ran back home 1.92 miles at 14:24. It was a good wet run.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter