Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Monday and Tuesday

I apologize for not writing every night. I'm a little busy up here in NY with my real job. Hopefully I'll win the lottery soon and then crossfit, crossfit endurance and triathlons will be my full time job. Oh, it's ok to dream.

Monday - I was back at the pool Monday morning at 0550. The master's swim team here is very serious about kicking my ass. We ended up swimming 2800m Monday morning and I was smoked. Here is the breakdown: 8x50m, 4x100m, 8x50m, 6x50m, 5x200m, 3x100m. Most of that was freestyle with a few hundred meters of kick boarding in between.

After a good breakfast I went to crossfit where I did 20x125lb squats. I then did a 1 rep max clean and jerk. I was able to do 165lb clean and jerk. I also did a 175lb clean but my little monkey arms couldn't get it over head. I'll work on it!!

Tuesday - Today I had a friend drive me to the local Globo Gym where I spent 45 minutes spinning on a spin bike. I then got off the bike and did a 28:04 run covering 4.1 miles. I can't wait to get back on my real bike!!

This afternoon before work I went to crossfit and did "Angie" - 100 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats, done! My time was 16:55 and I felt pretty strong for the entire event. Most notable was that I did the pullups in 6:25 which is a new PR for me. Hell the entire workout was a PR for me.

Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter