Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, May 24, 2010

It's always an adventure finding someplace to swim in a new location. I found a pool on Hurlburt field here. However I couldn't find a number to call them and get there swimming hours. So this afternoon I drove over and found 50 kids doing swim team practice. I asked if there was another pool on base and was told no. So my options are to swim in the ocean with the sharks (not going to happen) or I can swim between 1100 and 1400 daily. I'll just have to work my schedule around those swim times.

Since I didn't get to swim I decide that I'd stop by the crossfit gym to check it out. I met the owners and decided that since I was already there I'd go ahead and workout. The WOD today was FRAN which is 21-15-9 thrusters/pullups at 95lbs. It doesn't sound that hard but it's a real ass kicker. I did it in 6:20 which is about 15 seconds slower than the last time I did it. I'm just glad that I did some type of workout today since I'm off my schedule.

Hopefully my bike will be here tomorrow and I can start riding here as well as running, swimming and crossfitting.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter