Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Traveling again

Well tonight I find myself in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. I'm here for 2 weeks of Army training. I got in about 3pm and had plans to go for a long run but for some reason I fell asleep and took a nice long nap instead. I woke up around 5pm and finally got out the door for a run around 5:30pm. It's hot and very humid here!! I probably should have done a short run today just to acclimate to the heat and humidity but I didn't. I started the run on the white sand beach but that only lasted about half a mile. The sand here is like powdered sugar and I was only averaging a 10 min mile pace on the beach. So I got off the beach the first chance I had and ran on the beach access road. OMG it was hot!! I was planning to do an out and back but I ran into a military installation that I didn't know about. So I had to turn around and head back the other way. Lucky for me the other way went right passed my hotel and I stopped for some water there at about the 40 minute mark. When I left the hotel, again, I followed the road toward town and took the bridge over the inter-coastal waterway. That was a nice hill both ways. I turned around after the bridge and ran the road back towards the military installation. When I was heading back toward the hotel I could hear thunder and the sky didn't look to favorable so I cut the run short by about 15 minutes.

Overall it was a pretty good run. I ran 1:15:50 for a distance of 9.4 miles. Not to bad considering the heat, humidity and my lead legs. Tomorrow I'm working all day and doubt I'll get in a run or swim. I'll just have to wait and see.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter