Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday & Sunday

I'm here in NY without my bike and it's driving me crazy. Saturday I went to a Globo gym and rode a spin bike for one hour. I made it interesting by increasing my rpm and resistance to do a 4 x 5 min crossfit endurance workout. After that I did 3 hill climbs for one minute each. Actually it was a pretty good burn, not that I want to make spin bikes a habit. I guess I'll have to ride it a few more times before I leave here next weekend.

Today was cold and windy. I was determined to get out and get my Forrest Gump on. I was told about a running trail that is near my hotel. After running in circles for about 15 minutes I finally found the little rabbit trail and started following it. After about 100 meters I came out on this awesome single track trail. For the next 1:17:11 I ran on this trail. It was awesome and secluded!! I can't wait to run it again next Saturday.

Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter